Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ERROR MESSAGES

• Please log in to reply

sweetpeanh1

sweetpeanh1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello to anyone that has had enough curiosity to open this and read about just how little I know about computers and how desperate I am for help in fixing the following problems I have caused to my friends computer. Let me tell you what happened.........

A friend asks if I can show her how to remove these games on her computer. Oh sure no problem I say. Once she sees the ADD/REMOVE files she asks if I can also remove AOL, I said it was better if she left it on, but she insisted. So I removed it. Next she wants to know if I am able to to change the name of her wireless Internet. Here I am mostly clueless, but I say sure I can do that. I figure out how to rename computer, printer, and laptop. Now comes the dreaded word I DOWNLOADED Mcafee for her since she had NO protection on her computer.

The following are the error messages that are now popping up every time she boots up her computer.

Fatal Execution Engine Error 0 X 7927 baca

Tray App
The feature you are trying to use is on a CD - ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the Tray App disk and click OK

hpqthbo8.exe Common language. Runtime debugging services. application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id = OX178(376), Thread id + oX418(1048).

Afterwards the above hpqthbo8.exe when you hit ok says the following:
Register JIT debugger is not avail an attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of OX2 (2). Please check computer settings. Cordbg.exe 1a OX O4. Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.

hpqthbo8.exe Common language runtime debugging services. application has generated an exception that could not be handled process id = oxb5c (2908), thread id = oxb60 (2912)

Please if anyone....ANYONE..... can help me, I sure would appreciate it......

Thanks for taking the time to read my stupidity..........

Joanne
sweetpeanh1

Advertisements

w0lverine

w0lverine

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
have you tried uninstalling mcafee?
the file hpqthb08.exe is a HP imaging file. it's an executable that runs on startup.
what you can do is click start, go to "run" and type in "msconfig" that will open up a window, click on the "startup" tab at top
go down the list until you find that file. and uncheck the box. that should fix the hpqthb08.exe error.

as for the rest of it... we'll just have to do it one at a time. give that a shot and let me know what happens. oh also uninstall mcafee. if you illegally downloaded it its possible it had a virus attached yummy. if you bought it, then it might be conflicting with HP programs or other system files.

let me know what happens.