Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COM Surrogate problem. Need help please.

• Please log in to reply

Onestep

Onestep

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Everytime I go to play a WAV. file I get this error message that I have attached to this. I use Windows Media Player as my WAV. file player as well as MP3 & Video. This just happens when I play a wav. file and I click "Don't Send" but this is really getting old. Any advice as to what I can do to keep from getting this message? I deeply appreciate any and all help.
I run Windows XP, 1GB of ram

Attached Thumbnails

• error.jpg

Advertisements

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi onestep
It could be a Codec Failure so WMP does not work with all content or CODECs. There is Little support from Microsoft on this issue if you are not using their CODECs so let's Try this and head for a solution to play the content without WMP. Try this VLCPLAYER first and If the content plays ok if so that's what you want. Some Do complain about the sparse look of that player. Media Player Classic is slightly better but it's up to you. See how you get on with it. Good Luck

Link to VLCplayer and it's Free
http://www.download-....com/vlcplayer/

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink: