Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer travelmate 200DX cant use LAN port

• Please log in to reply

shane the laptop man

shane the laptop man

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hey all,
I just brought a acer trevlmate 200 DX.
The only problam is it has a Lan port on the back but int the specs it has nothing about it.
I was wonderinng if anyone knows were i can get drivers form or how to help windows auto dectet it but for some reason windows dosen't pick it up.

the specs are,

motherboard model: Ali Alladdin Pro
Chip set model: ALI M1621 Aladdin Pro II AGP Sysetm controller
South Bridge: ALI M1533 Aladdin IV ISA Bridge

I hope this info helps.

THANKS in ADVANCE SHANE

Edited by shane the laptop man, 11 April 2007 - 04:19 AM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well where did you get the laptop? If it is new try the place you bought it. You could also try Acer's website... although I only see a travelmate c200.... Also what Os are you running? You could also check the setup ( reached by f1 or f2 usually but look at the bottom of the screen on bootup ) to see if maybe the lan/network is turned off...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Download Everest from this link :
http://www.majorgeek...wnload4181.html

Run everest then click on the Report menu. Select Report Wizard, then select Hardware Related pages. Create the report as a TXT file (if this option is available). When its finished compiling, save the report & then attach it with your next post.:.

shane the laptop man

shane the laptop man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thanks for your speedy relpy

im running windows xp pro

i have the specs for you but used a different program because i couln't run the other one for somereason here is as a TXT file

thanks Shane

Attached Files

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well I may have missed something but I didn't see any network other than a wireless network card in the list. One reason he told you to use everest is because everest will usually find a device even if windows doesn't know what it is and many programs simply ask windows for what is installed... does it list anything in the device manager at all? does windows know there is something there even if it doesn't know what is there? have you tried checking setup to see if the network/lan connector is even turned on? What happened when you tried running everest?

shane the laptop man

shane the laptop man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
sorry for the slow reply i managed to download everest and it said it has one but no brand name here is the the file as a txt

SHANE

Attached Files

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Do everyone a big favor and take "wordwrap" off okay. :whistling:
Then, repost the Everest report.

Murray

shane the laptop man

shane the laptop man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
here is everest again sorry about that

Attached Files

shane the laptop man

shane the laptop man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
so can anyone help or not

should i try and take the back off and see if there is a jumper on it or what

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sorry...i lost this thread....let me review that report and i'll get back to you

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
hmmm...everest is only showinig a WAN/PPP adapter...which tends to suggest that you've installed software for your internet connection? it's not listing a specific NIC card at all...and the acer site (which sucks) isn't listing a travelmate 200...let alone a NIC driver for it

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Yeah It looks like it's not detecting any nic.... are you sure it's enabled? Since it is a laptop it should be in bios if it can be turned on and off.... you usually get into "setup" by pressing f1 or f2 on a laptop. look for anything labled network or lan adaptor. IF not and windows doesn't have something ( even an unknown device ) for it in device manager, I'd say it isn't working..... it's pretty hard to get something to work even with the driver if windows isn't seeing it at all.... Oh and from you PM a picture probably wouldn't help as it's usually pretty hard to id the chip for a nic....

shane the laptop man

shane the laptop man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thanks ill have a look and let u no

shane the laptop man

shane the laptop man

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hey all i tryed the F2 thin LAN is enabled i also used a portable linux program Kanopix and also Bart PE (another version of windows ) linux picked it up but no driver details were found so i didnt install for noe i brought a LAN card to tie me over