Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't add windows components

• Please log in to reply

Fidelio

Fidelio

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I hope I'm not wasting time by posting something that's asked every other day. I have tried a search. Anyway:
I can't add a UK keyboard layout to me Windows 98SE machine.
I gone to Control Panel> Keyboard> Language> Add> and selected English (british)
Then when I click OK I get prompted to insert the Windows 98SE CDRom. I get this whether it's in the drive or not. When I click OK I get the message that the file kbduk.kbd cannot be found. Underneath it says copy file from.... and I've tried browsing the CDrom to find the right filebut it dosen't seem to be there
I've treid this with other windows components and I get the same thing (with different file names obviously :tazz: )every time
Any ideas?
Thanks people.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the files are in compressed archives (cab files) on your windows cd...you need to point to the directory that contains these files...example d:\win98

Windows will search the cab files and extract the needed file.

So, search for *.cab, and point toward that directory

Fidelio

Fidelio

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks. That's it. :tazz: