Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does this WAG54G LINKSYS work with a dialup broadband?

• Please log in to reply

valcandy

valcandy

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
http://www.ciao.co.u...WAG54G__5815725

Someone asked me this, tbh what is a dialup broadband?

Thank you

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i THINK (don't quote me on this) that dialup broadband is a horrible name for accellerated dialup? like what people PC offers? i've never heard of "dialup broadband" and to my knowledge there's not really such a thing....they might have their terminology messed up? perhaps they have DSL and since they plug their DSL modem into the phone jack they think it's dialup?

valcandy

valcandy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

i THINK (don't quote me on this) that dialup broadband is a horrible name for accellerated dialup? like what people PC offers? i've never heard of "dialup broadband" and to my knowledge there's not really such a thing....they might have their terminology messed up? perhaps they have DSL and since they plug their DSL modem into the phone jack they think it's dialup?

I finally found out what she meant, she just meant DIALUP! Can I dialup internet connect more than one PC?!?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you CAN do it....(i'm not 100% sure HOW) but from my recollection it's a pain in the rear....i'll see if i can do some research

valcandy

valcandy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

you CAN do it....(i'm not 100% sure HOW) but from my recollection it's a pain in the rear....i'll see if i can do some research

thanks!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html here's a rellatively simple set of instructions

basically you make an internal network, set up ICS on the computer with the modem...and go to town....there are limitations though...if you use the ICS route...then the computer with the modem has to ALWAYS be on...i'm also not sure if you can have two machines connected at once...

valcandy

valcandy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html here's a rellatively simple set of instructions

basically you make an internal network, set up ICS on the computer with the modem...and go to town....there are limitations though...if you use the ICS route...then the computer with the modem has to ALWAYS be on...i'm also not sure if you can have two machines connected at once...

thank you very much! i will have a look