Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

snow crash

• Please log in to reply

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Hiro Protagonist delivers pizza for Uncle Enzo's CosaNostra Pizza Inc. But, in the Metaverse he's a warrior prince. Plunging headlong into the enginma of a hew computer virus that striking down hackers everywhere, he races along the neon lit streets on a search and destroy mission for the shadowy virtual villain threatening infopocalypse.

A good friend recommend this book to me a few months ago. I must say I give it 5 stars, two thumbs up, and so on for this book. I've throughly found it most enjoyable. Unlike other cyberpunk novels, this one doesn't take it self seriously.

I'm looking foward to reading more of Neal Stephenson's books.

for a more indepth review check out http://slashdot.org/...8/1049244.shtml

Edited by starjax, 11 April 2007 - 11:17 PM.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
you do realize you linked us to a "post new topic" page... :whistling:

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
All of Stephenson's books are great! My favorite: "Cryptonomicon." Takes place on two levels/timelines. During the Second World War the reader spends time with those involved in the new science of code making/breaking. In the present, the grandchildren of many of those characters try to figure out where the Axis buried those tons of gold.
Any book that open with the "Action Hero" creating spontaneous Haiku during battle has got my immediate attention.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I've noticed that his introductions are some of the best. I mean anyone who comes up with a lead character named Hiro Protagonist got my attention.

Edited by starjax, 11 April 2007 - 11:23 PM.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Don't be put off by the sheer size of the "Baroque Cycle" either. Although at first glance it seems to be a "russian" type historical novel in 3 volumes, it really turns out to be an exciting around the world (literally) action adventure with lots of intrigue and humor. I actually was sorry to get to the end.