Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

New Computer, Please Help!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, I just bought all new hardware and after putting everything together nothing happens when I power it on. Well, everything is getting power: cpu fan spins, vga fan spins, I hear the hd spin, the power led on the mb is green... but nothing appears on the screen and I cant force a beepcode. I've removed the memory and tried powering on and nothing happens. I rma'd the motherboard because I thought that was the problem and even though nothing was wrong with it I got a brand new one back and that one didn't help either. Here are my current system specs:
580W Modular Psu
AMD FX-60 cpu
Asus a8n32-Sli-deluxe motherboard
1 GB of kingston ram
Nvidia Geforce 8800 gts vga
Seagate 750 Gb SATA hd

I dont know what to do, its been 2 months since Ive bought everything and have been trying to get it all to work and so far nothing. Please Help

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
First step in this situation is always the same. Remove componants except for your mobo, CPU, and one stick of RAM. See how that works. It is possible that you got a DOA processor but I think that is very uncommon.

Edited by Titan8990, 12 April 2007 - 11:02 PM.

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
You also might want to look at getting a different power supply. Is modular the brand name of the supply? I've never heard of it is. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a cheapy but very well could be....

Is your monitor cable plugged up? (Kidding)

Does your motherboard have an onboard graphics controller?

Does it sound like it is booting in the background?