Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

online game play

• Please log in to reply

lars24

lars24

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Are there any settings I can change on my computer for better online gameplay? What tasks in the task manager are needed for the computer to run? Which ones can I shut down? I have windows XP Athalon 3400 processor (I think) 1G ram and AT&T DSL. You guys have helped me in the past and wanted to see if you can do it again. Also are there any settings I can change for general better internet speed?

Thanks.

Mark

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
There are, but you will need to tell us what router you have (if any) and what firewall you are using.

lars24

lars24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I have Norton firewall. Not sure on the router. I have the high speed modem that AT&T gives with subscription to DSL service. Is that what you need? It is s Siemens Speedstream 4100 ethernet modem

Mark

Edited by lars24, 15 April 2007 - 09:01 AM.