Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my girlfriend DELETED VOLUME CONTROL ICON

• Please log in to reply

jallananderson

jallananderson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The volume control icon in the bottom right corner by all the other icons, has been deleted by my genius girlfriend. I've tried restarting the computer...going into volume control properties (everything is faded out so i can't touch it or adjust anything.) I don't have any sound now. PLEASE HELP THIS SUCKS!!!

Advertisements

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Well if everything is faded out you need to check to see if somehow you lost the sound drivers.

Click START, right click on MY COMPUTER, then click properties. Under the hardware tab click on Device manager. Scroll down the list that comes up and check for a little yellow triangle with a ! in it. If you do see one on something in the list, right click on it and click update driver. Follow the intructions and reinstall the drivers.

Let us know if that doesn't bring your sound back. :whistling:

zbd

zbd

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Same problem listed here.

http://forums.techgu...on-taskbar.html