Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System settings

• Please log in to reply

w0lverine

w0lverine

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hi again, I have another Dell Latitude D620 that i am working on in our office, and what is happening with it is whenever its restarted, all the settings that he changed revert back to normal, and his audio shuts off. so he has to go into services.msc and restart the windows audio to get that to work, etc. But he is wondering if its CCleaner that is deleting his settings, i think he runs it quite often. I run CCleaner on my own computer with the same settings, and it doesnt do that, so i really don't think thats the problem.

Any help would be great
Thanks
Trevor M. Hastings

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What other setting besides audio are not saved. Try to be more specific, please.

w0lverine

w0lverine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
oh basically his taskbar, which he pulls up an extra line, always resets, tabbed browsing in IE7 dissapears, volume is turned all the way down, if not turned off, login/pass for certain programs is not saved like it should be, "run" commands are not saved at all, etc. ccleaner removes those i know that.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is CCleaner set to run at start up?

w0lverine

w0lverine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
no, its not. now he is saying that his wireless is not working. that i can fix, but its just one more thing to top off the list.

w0lverine

w0lverine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
actually he did say that he runs it almost once a day. so yeah its most likely ccleaner messing with settings i'd say. i looked at it and he had the settings set to delete everything it could possibly do.

=/ i think im training our employee's to be too paranoid. i told him to ease off on it to see what happens over the next week or two.

thanks for the help!