Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer and Control Panel

• Please log in to reply

Carlos Mex

Carlos Mex

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi:

I hope that somebody can help me, my explorer, control panel, find even the recycle bin does not open when i make the double click it seems that they are working but suddenly all de icons in the desktop disappear and then after a few seconds they appear again but the explorer or the other applications mentioned does not open, does anybody knows whats happend here?.

Thanks and Regards.

Carlos.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Re-install Windows or use the recovery discs which does the same thing.

Carlos Mex

Carlos Mex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
THANKS ONE QUESTION IF I REINSTALL WINDOWS I WILL LOST ALL MI FILES AND PROGRAMS? AND IS THERE OTHER FORM BECAUSE I DONT HAVE WINDOWS DISKS AND NEITHER RECOVERY DISKS?

THANKS AND REGARDS

CARLOS

Carlos Mex

Carlos Mex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
PIP 22 FORGET THE LAST MESSAGE I FOUND A DISK TO REINSTALL OPERATING SYSTEM, ALL I WANT TO KNOW IF I REINSTALL IT ALL MY PROGRAMS AND FILES WIL BE DELETED OR THE REINSTALL WILL NOT AFFECT THEM?

THANKS AND REGARDS

CARLOS

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
All programs,data,drivers,configuration. With the exception if it is a recovery disk from a computer manufacture. Then all programs,configuration, drivers data. Installed after factory will be gone.

Something that you can try before a reinstall is if you have a start menu go to start run type in sfc /scannow after inserting your OEM/operating system CD. If you do not have a OEM/operating system CD then you can not do this.

If you do not have a start menu type CTRL-ALT-DEL

Go to task manager
File> Newtask

Type in sfc /scannow.

Let us know how it goes.