Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microphone or Soundcard problem

• Please log in to reply

nicohockey9

nicohockey9

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm having a problem, with my Sigmatel audio card, I have a mic hooked up to it which I use often... The problem I'm having is that when I talk on it I get some sort of static noise I've tried 3 DIFFERENT MICS and all of them have had the same problem, also the card has problems making the mic loud I've turned on everything in windows settings mic boost etc. and still nothing, even i tried 3rd party programs to raise the volume and get rid of the static...nothing

Then I tried installing all the XP drivers for my card nothing still http://www.soundcard...panies/1690.htm? this is the site I used

PLZ HELP!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
make sure you are plugging the mike into the "mic in" input -- not the "line in" input which is for recording from a tape-recorder or radio output.

Edited by pip22, 13 April 2007 - 02:45 AM.

nicohockey9

nicohockey9

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

make sure you are plugging the mike into the "mic in" input -- not the "line in" input which is for recording from a tape-recorder or radio output.

I have done that, and I also tried the line in input, both of them give out the same result, but now I am plugged into the microhpone jack