Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

why does windows crash?

• Please log in to reply

chrisa23

chrisa23

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
i just got back my computer getting it fixed it runs fast and i have no problems wiht it so far. But sometimes internet explorer or media player would freeze and say not responding what could be cuasing that? It eventually responds after a couple of seconds thou....................

i think im virus,spyware, adware free

i want to know what could be causing this.....

i have windows po sp2

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
So actually it is not a "Crash," but just a temporary "freeze" which quickly resolves by itself? If true, and if you are confident that no malware is present, perhaps the reason for the temporary freeze is a background process using system resources at a high rate for a short time. Many of these can be controlled. For what I have learned about controlling background/startup processes with URLs of useful tools and informational sites, see my Vox: http://doc1101.vox.com/ To visit the "links" copy and paste the URL to your browser address bar in a new tab and "Go."