Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Icons

• Please log in to reply

cradl

cradl

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
I have a bunch of links to pages on IE 7 and the icons keep changing on me. What could it be?? It shouldn't be a virus or anything because I just reloaded this system 1 week ago. New norton360 and run checks daily.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello cradl

What do you mean by the Link pages and how does the icons change. Please expand on your problem.

cradl

cradl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Well in IE 7 you have your address bar at the top then you have your links bar then you have your Faverites and tabs bar then the screen. In IE 7 if you have your links bar with links to web pages some of them will carry a logo Like geeks to go has a red g for there logo. and netflix has a cd for there site. Well for some reason they somtime change? Like yesterday when I was at this site it had a rec c in the tabs menu and in the address bar, and hotmail had a pink X in it.??

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
How is your internet connection does it ever drop out. Is it slow.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
It's a feature that IE7 now incorporates, something else they stole from Firefox...

Newer websites have these little icons, specifically so you'll recognize them easyer in your favourites. It's no virus, and it's no bug. It's designed to do just that.