Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to detect your computer's display card ?

• Please log in to reply

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
My friend had a computer bought 2 years ago and she's lost its drivers' disc . Lately I reinstalled her computer because her computer's in trouble . I didn't know she had lost her computer's drivers disc so I hadn't remembered the name of her graphic card , audio card ..etc . After I reinstalled , I managed to find the correct driver for her audio card (by using DriverGuide Toolkit) , but as for her graphic card , DG toolkit didn't show the graphic card name . Until now , I haven't found the correct driver for it yet , can you help me out with this problem ?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Download Everest from this link :
http://www.majorgeek...wnload4181.html

Run everest then click on the Report menu. Select Report Wizard, then select Hardware Related pages. Create the report as a TXT file (if this option is available). When its finished compiling, save the report & then attach it with your next post.:.

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I hope it works this time . Thanks for youe reply . :whistling:

Attached Files

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Oh, my mistake , the report file is in Chinese , I hope you could understand . The everest you mentioned in the link doesn't work , it must be something wrong in the link (it had been broken down ..etc) or the internet here doesn't support . Anyway, I downloaded it in Chinese by searching "Everest" on the internet .

haphuong1712

haphuong1712

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Well , I downloaded the English version and managed to find out the name of my graphics card : Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller , thank you very much . :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
heheh...glad you were able to find it....sorry for the file llink being broken..i'm gonna check on that