Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VMWare Dsl Connection

• Please log in to reply

losted

losted

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hi,

I have just switched my internet from a voip cable modem to sympatico DSL. Everything is set up, other than my VMware. I am running Windows xp pro in vmware on a windows xp pro host. I am using a router for my home connections and the username/pass are all set up there. Can someone help me to configure the internet connection within vmware for it to work? I have googled on it, and I think the direction is to use NAT, but I really don't know how to set it up. This is quite urgent. Please help me asap. Thanks lots.

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
I believe that you'll use NAT if you have one NIC in the machine. Be aware that VMWare creates virtual NIC's and IP addresses for the virtual machines. Does VMWare run on XP Pro? I thought you needed 2003 Server. Seems like I had trouble trying to do something like that. Maybe W2K Pro, don't remember.

Anyway, I just created the virtual machines and started whichever one I wanted and set it up as I normally would. The VMWare was invisible. It was just like a separate machine.

losted

losted

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thank you for your response. I was able to set it up correctly myself after I found out that NAT service wasn't started on VMware.