Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer restarts when starting game

• Please log in to reply

stormfuzz

stormfuzz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I try and start the new games that I have the computer restarts and says that it has recovered from a serious error. Need for speed carbon which I have had for a while works fine so my graphics card seems to be ok. I have updated the driver but this did not stop the problem. The game that wont start are Brian Laras cricket 2007, GT Legends and Trackmania. My operating system is XP PRO and my graphics card is a Radeon 9600. Any help would be gladdly recieved as no new games fills me with dread.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello stormfuzz and welcome to G2G!

First of all please turn off auto restart on error as this might give us a blue screen to work with.

Right click my computer > click properties > click advanced > click settings under startup and recovery > untick automatically restart on error > click ok > click apply and restart your PC.

If the PC blue screens note down the information and paste it with your next post.

What are the specs of your PC?
If you don't know then please download and run SysSpec. Run the file > click on the system button > click edit > click copy to clipboard and then paste it with your reply.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 16 April 2007 - 12:16 PM.

stormfuzz

stormfuzz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested and turned the auto start off and got the blue screen, under the part where it says technical info it said

STOP:0X0000008E (0X0000005, 0XAAZF69B4, 0X00000000

SYSTEM32:lzx32.sys-Address AAFEF3CE base at AAFED000, DATESTAMP 46226E36

Hope this helps.

My system is as follows

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Memory (RAM): 1024 MB
CPU: AMD Athlon™ XP 3000+
CPU Speed: 2113.9 MHz
Sound card: Realtek AC97 Audio
Display Adapters: ATI Radeon 9600 / X1050 Series | ATI Radeon 9600 / X1050 Series Secondary | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768 - 32 bit
:
Network Adapters: VIA Compatable Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: E: | F: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8161B | G: _NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG
:
COM Ports: COM1 | COM2
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 55.9GB | D: 9.6GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 9.6GB | D: 6.0GB
USB Controllers: 4 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
:
Manufacturer: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Product Make: 00000000000000000000000
:
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: ATAT COMPATIBLE 022603 KT400 42302e31
Time Zone: GMT Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-6596
Modem: SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem

When I send the error report it comes back saying that I am infected with the rustock trojan. I have done everything that it suggests but no change. I have run my own anti-virus to no avail as well (Avast).

Thanks for your time

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I did a Google for lzx32.sys and it appears to be a rootkit.

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the read before posting thread.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.