Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor card?

• Please log in to reply

McKinley

McKinley

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok.. so i was building my own computer ( im 16 years old from kansas ) .. and i got down to where i was ready to start it up and watch my good works soar.. i turned it on and everything was going right.. all led lights were on.. my fan was spinning.. my hardrive was running.. but the monitor said that it wasnt plugged in to the computer.. the card i plug it into was plugged in.. and the monitor into it.. but it didnt work.. this monitor works i used it on a diff. computer.. what do i do?

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Is it an LCD monitor? If so, does it happen to say "input not supported" or something to that effect?

Do you have a different monitor you can try? Or even a different video card?

McKinley

McKinley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
it shows a picture of the plug.. and the computers plug-in.. then shuts itself off again.. if it makes a difference.. i found the internal speaker.. and when i plug it in.. it beeps..one long one.. over .. and over... and over.. so many times i unplugged it..lol..? does that have sumthing to do with it?

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
That signifies something's wrong. Who is the maker of that motherboard?