Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my mouse pointer

• Please log in to reply

chrisa23

chrisa23

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
ok my mouse pointer looks like it is loading every 5 seconds

for example it has the hourgalss next to it eventhough nothing is loading it goes regular then the hourglass shows up every 5 seconds it gets so annoying can anyone help me fix this problem..................

could this be cause because of some malware

Edited by chrisa23, 14 April 2007 - 10:58 AM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
It seems that a process is trying to load unsuccessfully. Do you have windows update set to automatic? Go to the security center in control panel and disable windoes update temporarilly.

If this doesn't help please go to the malware forum (a link in my signature) and take the initial steps.

chrisa23

chrisa23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
here is the hijack forum link to my topic sorry if i posted another topic by mistake saying it worked but it only stayed normal for a while then the mouse pointer started to blink again please help me solve this problem..............

http://www.geekstogo...ds-t155381.html

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Have you run the requisite initial steps of scanning and cleanig before postin your HJT? If not, please do that and let us know the results.

chrisa23

chrisa23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
yes i ran all the steps and i still seem to have this problem help would be appreciated..... :whistling:

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I have looked at your HJT log. I am not an expert on the subject and cannot advise about malware removal but what I noticed is that you have a whole bunch of anti malware programs. My gut feeling is that the problem is caused by a program either trying unsuccessfully to load updates or install them. That includes the antimalware programs and others like Adobe, quicktime, Java etc. Try to disable automatic updates in all these programs and see if it makes any difference.

Regarding malware programs that's a matter of personal choice. I use: Avast as antivirus, Spyware Terminator for antispyware real time protection. I also have on my desktop Spybot. Ad-Aware-Se and AVG antispyware. All these programs are free. The last three are set to run and update manually.

chrisa23

chrisa23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
i only have norton 2007 for antivirus, spysweeper for spyware, and sygate firewall, adware se

i didnt know this was alot

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Honestly, I am not an expert in HJT but in your processes I see Kerio personal firewall and site advisor by McAffee. You can disregard my list of programs because i'ts much a personal choice.

Go to control panel > administrative tools > event viewer. Check all the options (applicatin, system etc) to see if there are any errors, marked in red, that repeat many times.

click Start > run. Type msconfig > enter. Go to startup menu and uncheck everything not needed to run in the background. OK and reboot. Upon reboot you will get a message that has to be checked. Check and continue.

If the problem persists please try what I suggested in my previous post.

chrisa23

chrisa23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
in event viewer i have errors in the application, and system tab ....

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Are there many identical errors? They are identified by source, category, event. Look for the most common error and report these parameters. Double click on the error. A window will open up and in the part of "description" look for the name of application.

Do the same in application and system tabs.

Edited by The Skeptic, 16 April 2007 - 10:36 AM.

Advertisements

chrisa23

chrisa23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
these are the ones in the application tab:

Windows couldn't log the RSoP (Resultant Set of Policies) session status. An attempt to connect to WMI failed. No more RSoP logging will be done for this application of policy.

Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.5730.11, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.5730.11, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00037fd4.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here are the errors in the system tab:

The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070005: Security Update for Windows Media Player Plug-in (KB911564).

The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master \\SAULO on the network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{B0288F8D-8C93-44B7-B29E-E421E5CBD16B}. The data is the error code.

Timed out sending notification of device interface change to window of "Xprt Message Window"

these are all the errors i foound most of them repeat.........................a lot

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I would like to take the advice of other staff members. It looks as if internet explorer and other services related to windows are corrupted.

My advice is to repair windows xp as described in a link in my signature. For this you need xp installation cd and and product key. Before you start the process please do the following:
  • Thorough scan with antivirus and antispyware.
  • Disk cleanup and defragmantation. (programs > accessories > system tools)
  • Disconnect your modem.
  • Disable antivirus, antispyware and all other applications that run in the background

Please note that the repair doesn't always succeed and it would be safer to backup valuable data eventhough it is not supposed to harm documents and settings. Also note that you will have to download all windows updates and maybe some drivers.

chrisa23

chrisa23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
i ran both a av scan with norton and a full spyware scan with webroot , right now i did disk clean up and disk defregment pc seems faster but still having the moouse problem i even uninstalled sunbelt firewall because i just got back my computer a couple days ago this is the first time this happens to me................do u have anything else for me 2 try????

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Hi chrisa23.

I have been advised by the malware-forum people to let them look at your HJT log. After they finish, and if the problem is still there, we'll continue this topic. This way we'll avoid two forums dealing with a single topic.

Please avoid bumping a topic. This only brings negative results.

chrisa23

chrisa23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
ok then i'll wait for them to look at HJT log...