Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless connection

• Please log in to reply

Lynne25

Lynne25

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hi there I am not very clued up on wireless connection but my boyfriend has a bt home hub but we are having big probelms with it, it is cutting off all the time and we need to unplug it and restart the whole computer and connection also whenever anyone calls on the land line when the phone is answered the internet connection cuts out altogether which should not be happening. I have been on the phone to BT for most of the day but having no joy what so ever can anyone please, we are running windows XP.

Thanks

Lynne

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The internet shouldn't go off just because somebody phones you up; this is almost always caused by a missing or faulty telephone filter. You need one filter on every phone socket in the house that has a phone plugged into it.