Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

X1300 drivers

• Please log in to reply

robertsw

robertsw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently installed a Radeon X1300 256mb video card into my son's computer. When I boot it up, the Dell recognizes the new card correctly. When prompted to automatically search for appropriate drivers, I click no nad attempt to load from the CD. The install program runs and finally stops with an error message indicating drivers were not found.

I have gone to the DiamonMM website and downloaded the most recent drivers to install. I still get the drivers not found message. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I had the same problem when I installed an ATI Radeon x1300 256m. I went to ATI's web site, downloaded the driver. I double clicked on the icon when the download was complete, and was able to install it no problem.

robertsw

robertsw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry it took so long to reply.
Thanks for the advice. . . The video card is now installed and working fine.