Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Comodo Firewall Can't get it to Run

• Please log in to reply

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Forum
My Norton 2006 Firewall and Anti Virus subscription is almost up so i have Uninstalled and Installed Comodo Firewall all was well and then i started having Internet Problems Meaning i could no longer get on the net but i fixed that but every time i try to Run the Comodo it says its installed and do i want to Remove it the Answer being No i want to run it but i can't find it and every time i double click on it says it already installed but it' Not in the C Drive it's only in the folder i Downloaded it to How can i Fix this Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated. Thank You

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

Edited by cheyenne 09, 15 April 2007 - 09:18 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and save a fresh copy

http://www.filehippo...ownload_comodo/

Run the one you have and click yes when it asks to remove

Install the new copy

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Keith
Thanks for that I will go and try it and let you know. Thank again

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Keith
Ok i double clicked on it but Nothing Happened No sign of it doing anything i have retried several Times and still Nothing happening i Don't have a Firewall so i can't spend as much Time here as i usually do What is the best Option for me to do Thanks Again

Edited by cheyenne 09, 16 April 2007 - 01:17 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got a Comodo folder in programme files, if yes, move it to my documents and reboot the PC

Install using the new copy

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Keith
No it is not in my programme files that the First place i looked i have also Searched about for it but can't find any trace of it in programme files my Documents or by just searching the other Odd thing i Noticed is some Items on the Taskbar have the wrong Logo on them what do you think i should do any Advice would be Appreciated. Thank You

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can turn the XP firewall on in security centre for now

Is it the new copy you downloaded that won't install

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Keith
Yes it the one from your Link it just wont install as it says i already have it on the system and i have put the Windows Firewall back on for now.Thank You

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you use search and include hidden and system files, have you got anything in application data

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Keith
I searched in the Hidden Folders in application data there was a Comodo Folder 0mb but it was Empty so i deleated it so will i try it again now. Thank You

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Keith
I have just looked around in the Hidden Folder's and found another comodo Folder in all users so i have also deleted that as well is there anywhere else i should look before trying to Install it again. Sorry about Bumping but thought you should know. Thank You

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Keith
I went i Done what you suggested and found another Folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE left clicked and pressed delete didn't find anything elsewhere and then Rebooted and Now have it Installed i also do have CCleaner and also run that so Now Everything is Working I would like to Thank You
My problem is Solved Thank to all your Help.Your a Star :help:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know