Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two 500Gb external hdds

• Please log in to reply

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
I use a program named Power Defragmenter GUI. I was using it a little while ago to defragment an ext hdd. As it was defragmenting, I noticed that is was defragmenting items in "Recycler." So I right clicked on the drive, chose Properties and clicked on Disk Cleanup on the General tab. Disk Cleanup ran but the Recycle Bin had 0kb in it. I went into Control Panel -> Folder Option -> View tab -> Show Hidden Files and Folder and unchecked Hide Protected Operating System Files. I found that there is a folder named Recycler and a folder named Recycle Bin. Recycle Bin has 0kb in it but Recycler has 3 files but it shows that it reserves only 3.99Gb and that there is 0kb in it. Also, System Volume Information takes up 0kb.

These are the kinds of weird problems I had when I built this pc. Someone mentioned that I should name it Damien.

Advertisements