Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus? Apologies if this is in the wrong forum

• Please log in to reply

xx_remix

xx_remix

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm not entirely sure if this is actually a virus or if it is just a hardware problem, but my computer has lately been acting up really badly.

Symptoms:
My mouse freezes up so bad it can take me 10 seconds to move it from one side of the moniter to the other. Sometimes when it comes out of lagging up, options and stuff would appear if I pressed right click, or the page might scroll up or down. Not only is it my mouse that lags up, but my keyboard lags up at the same time. I use the start menu and hold down the up key so that it would go through all my programs, and it does it VERY slowly. The only way I can tell when my computer is actually finished lagging is when i can go through my start up programs at a regular speed. Sometimes when I do the program thing, my keyboard or something in my computer starts to beep, usually for everytime the highlight of a program occurs on start up menu. The mouse arrow can randomly end up on one side of the page. Sometimes my mouse stops working all together for a few seconds, but my keyboard does..

I used Spybot Search and Destroy, Housecall, and Adware SE PERSONAl programs to erase any unnessesary things off my computer.

My McAfee doesn't pick up [bleep], I downloaded AVG virus protecter thing.., that didnt fix the problem either.

Maybe this isn't a virus at all, just a hardware malfunction?

I've WANTED to reformat soo bad, but Dell never sent me a disk for it, so the option is not there.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum