Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATF Cleaner messed up Firefox

• Please log in to reply

xgetchoo22

xgetchoo22

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
After running ATF Cleaner for Firefox, I have been having some problems with websites, including this one. Some sites are fine, but others look like a mess of letters and they're all disorganized. The ESPN.com main page is another site that isn't quite working for me. Any solutions?

Advertisements

shazmar

shazmar

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox or a system restore to before you ran ATF cleaner, may help.

Edited by shazmar, 18 April 2007 - 02:45 PM.

Atribune

Atribune

HijackThis Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 956 posts
  • MVP
Hi,

Close all browser windows and then run ATF again. That should fix the problem.

xgetchoo22

xgetchoo22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
OK, well I didn't do anything (to my knowledge) that would have fixed it but the sites in question have gone back to how they should normally look. Just wondering, any explanation or just an anomaly?

Atribune

Atribune

HijackThis Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 956 posts
  • MVP
With the browser open only some of the files were deleted, not enough to tell the site "hey he needs new cookies" On reboot the remainder of the files would have been deleted which is why its working without you doing anything.

xgetchoo22

xgetchoo22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Ah, I see. Thank you for the explanation.