Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

is it possible.......

• Please log in to reply

vahi

vahi

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
ok, heres my question...

ok, i can see the files and such on psx disks when i put them in my cd rom drive, but, is there a way to play them through a computer? like an emulator that can read the disk files? i don't want to use illegal roms or soemthing like that, i just would like to play the playstation games i own on my comp so i can get screenshots and such so, anybody able to help me out?

~vahi~

Advertisements

ArNoLd

ArNoLd

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
i doubt there is anything. they wouldnt just let people play a psx game on a pc because they may want to bring such games out on pc then they wouldnt get any money if people were just using thier psx disc. but im not totally sure.

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

Well. Many people working on a PS2 Simulator, but there's no working simulator or emulator. I ask you- DO NOT DOWNLOAD a emulator like that even if it comes from a relieble website. There are no proper emulators yet.
But, there ARE emulators for PS1. Search in Google. These emulators are not completed and you can play a small amount of Games there, but indeed- you can play. Just a recommendation- don't download them. It's really not safe. Wait a few years, and an offical emulator will be Offered. By that time, play PS2 Games only on PlayStation.

ELIRANCH

ELIRANCH

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Maybe there are some emulators to PS2 but this is very hard to find them and very rare and they are not working!
So listen to israel_guy...
There are some emulators to PS1 that work but this is very hard to find them.

ArNoLd

ArNoLd

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
http://www.emulator-...om/doc.php/ps2/

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Oh, man. Don't listen to that Arnold. I searched for a Emulator too. In that site. IT DOSEN'T WORK!!!! How much time I need to tell ya'?

TheChris

TheChris

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ePSXe works well, it has played most of the PSX games i have tried. It can slowdown at times but not very often. i believe the newest version is 1.6.

ArNoLd

ArNoLd

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
why dont they work??

D_SnipA.L.

D_SnipA.L.

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Im not going to suggest you get one in this way but i have an emulator for just about everything including a Virtual CD-ROM Drive(One that works like one but isnt really there) called Daemon Tools 3.47 that loads and .iso for a game, i got them from a peer to peer network like i said i dont suggest you do this as well but i was just letting you know they are out there.