Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

169.*** ip adress?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ryan W

Ryan W

• Pip
  • 6 posts
So I just recently took my desktop from my dad's house which was running the internet directly from the modem into the computer, and then hooked it up to her wireless router while I was staying at her house.. The internet worked on all other computers in my mom's house but only worked on my computer for about 20 minutes and then shut down, while still running fine on the other 2 computers.

So tonight I took my desktop back to my house and I connected it back to the modem like it was right before I left.. All of the lights on the modem that are supposed to be on are on. My IP adress is starting with a 169.*** number with and without the cable plugin screwed into the back of the modem..

Anyone know how I can fix this? The customer support guy for my ISP told me to go into RUN prompt and type in cmd and then do the ipconfig and all that.. He then told me to try /renew or whatever it is and still no results..

PLEASE! Someone help me!!! :whistling:

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Duplicate thread. Original here: http://www.geekstogo...s...=155502&hl=