Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Random auto ejection of my CD Drive

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have Samsung CDRW Writer. For last 3 months it was automatically getting ejecting randomly and closing without user interation. I did virus scan(Norton, Mcafee, Kaspersky, AVG) with latest virus database (upto data virus database) but no virus found.
Still CD auto ejection happening randomly.

When I tried to write first cd, it will get corrupted due to this auto ejection, while writing itself it will get eject. If I restart system and start writing continuously i can write any number of cd without any problem. but next day i start write cd again same problem for first cd.

can anyone help to find the solution to stop this auto ejection problem

thanks in advance

Edited by sip, 15 April 2007 - 09:34 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, right click my computer, click properties, hardware, device manager

Click the + for DVD/CD Drives, left click the Samsung to highlight, right click, click remove, confirm, reboot

Have you checked for a firmware update?