Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics card or monitor problem

• Please log in to reply

terminator0101

terminator0101

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a GeForce 6100 and have set the display resolution to it's maximum settings - 1024x768/32-bit/75 Hertz

This worked fine with my old graphics card, but with this one the screen is constantly flickering. It's not extreme, but enough to notice and very irritating. The flickering is not there when I reduce it to 60 Hertz, but then you can clearly see that this is not the correct setting because the letters look really thick and all.

For those with NVIDIA cards, I opened op the control panel and under description is said "Standard will drive only a single display from your graphics card" and under typical usage scenarios it says "A single display device connected to your graphics card"

Any idea what that means?

Also, I just tested it with a Dell CRT monitor, and everything looked OK fine on max settings. I can't use this CRT though as I was only borrowing it and it belongs to someone else.

The LCD that I have is of a Likom brand I believe.

Btw, I updated all the drivers and everything too from NVIDIA.

Thanks

Advertisements