Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

TRYING TO SETUP A LAN!

• Please log in to reply

Neo_RiP

Neo_RiP

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi there im trying to setup a lan through my router, but im not sure if its possible. At the moment we have a internet connection going through a default gateway!I want to be ablt to lan with the other 2 computers so we can play each other in lan games!!

Here is my router:D-Link DSL-G604T

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Advertisements

DaveC2003

DaveC2003

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Are your computers connected to the router physically or through wireless??

Your router should have at least 4 ports at the back of it for physical connection. Ensure that your network settings on your computers are on automatic (as long as the router allows DHCP conections).

If wireless, connect to it (If it is encrypted, enter password to get access) and ensure network connections are set to automatic.

Hope this helps.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
Give This tutorial by SpaceCowboy706 a read, it's got just about everything you'd need to know..