Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Low Voltage

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
My asus Program says the computer has low Voltage. Whats going on ?

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
see if you can download speedfan to your computer. In the main window of speedfan there is an area at the bottom that shows you what the voltage level is for your 3.3, 5, and 12 volt lines from the power supply.If the 5 volt line is below 4.9 volts or the 12 volt line is below 11.85 volts there may not be enough voltage to run the hardware properly. The only caveat here is speedfan does not run well on some motherboards and you can't get this information.

The logical fix for this is replacing the power supply with a good one like the silverstone or enermax line of PS's. Plan on spending $90 for a good PS.

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
01-Worm-[Low Voltage]-April 16th-2007

My asus Program says the computer has low Voltage. Whats going on ?

I assume that this is the same PC - ?????

While i'm on the computer the monitor blackouts and shows the message System Manager and then turns off the monitor but the pc continues ON.

My asus program sometimes Says the Voltage Its too low drop blow 10 ... I don't know if its that ...

I'm starting to get annoying with this ..

This is informing you that your +12 VDC voltage is overloaded. This is over 15% low – I would suspect your video Card 1st – However there are other components & peripherals that could be the cause – besides the power supply itself –

Questions –

(1) How old is PC
(2) How long have you been having this problem
(3) What upgrades and/or new peripherals have been – added – since PC has been purchased?
(4) Did problem start with last update?
(5) What type of PC – Laptop – Desktop – Desktop w Tower
(6) What id Manufacturer & Model of Computer
(7) What is Manufacturer & Model Number of Motherboard
(8) What is Manufacturer & Model Number of Video Card
(9) What is manufacturer & Wattage Rating of Power Supply

Usually what happens – New video Card has been installed – That overloads the power supply

Answer the questions – I can research the Power Requirements of your PC & Power Supply –

Edited by Jack123, 16 April 2007 - 05:23 PM.