Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IM won't load, BSOD happens randomly

• Please log in to reply

BluePoet

BluePoet

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
For no apparent reason, Windows Live Messenger will not start when I try to load it. Nothing happens. To run it, I have to go to MSN, download it, and hit the repair option. This worked fine a couple times.

However, I have now started getting random BSOD, telling me that there is a problem with a driver and that the value does not equal zero. After the memory dump and the restart, the computer starts normally. I am not on it right now, and don't know how to fix these problems, which may or may not be related.

Please help!

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Hi there BluePoet,

Rather than downloading Windows Live Messenger and just trying a repair installation, have you tried actually uninstalling the problem via Uninstall a Program in the Control Panel and then installing the program again?

And can you post the exact error code that you are getting from the blue screen?

- Matt