Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MS Word/MS Digital Image spellchecker conflict

• Please log in to reply

margreggio

margreggio

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I currently use MS Office Word 2003 with a medical spellchecker. The spellchecker "works behind the scenes, integrating with your word processorís existing spellchecker. There is no separate icon or button, as Spellchecker is automatically working when you spellcheck your document." This works fine.

I recently installed MS Digital Image Suite Anniversay Edition. This also works fine.

However, when I go back to using Word after installing Digital Image, my spellchecker no longer works. I removed Digital Image Suite and did a system restore to get my spellchecker back (3 times), so I assume that when I install Digital Image Suite it somehow "overrides" my Word medical spellchecker. I have tried reinstalling the medical spellchecker while the Digital Image Suite is installed, but that did not work.

Also, this is in Windows XP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Margaret

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi margreggio.

Try running a Detect/Repair. Open Word, click the Help menu, Detect/Repair. Please let us know if that fixes the problem.