Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2007 - Will not open hyperlinks

• Please log in to reply

Andrew Fenner

Andrew Fenner

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Whenever I click on a hyperlink in an e-mail in Outlook 2007, I have to chose the program I wish to view the file with from a menu. I use firefox for my browser, but it never remembers it, even with the "use this each time" box ticked.

Any ideas? Cheers.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi Andrew Fenner. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

First, let's confirm that Firefox is registered as your default browser. See this previous G2G thread that contains information on setting an alternate browser as default.

Once that's done, try again to click a web link in an email. Did that fix it?

Andrew Fenner

Andrew Fenner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have done that. Firefox was/is the default browser. Still no joy.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
What version of IE do you have installed?

Please confirm your Operating System. If XP, is it Home or Pro?

Have the links in email ever worked? If so, what might have happened between then and now?

See this other link I found: http://www.vista64.n...ook-2007-a.html. Go ahead and try that and let us know if it works.

Andrew Fenner

Andrew Fenner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I am using Xp Professional vers 2002 Service Pack 2. I have tried what it said that article i.e. setting IE (ver 7.05) to the default browser by telling it to check that it is the default browser. How else can I force it to be the default browser?

Bizarely now, some hyperlinks work, others don't!

Any further suggestions?

Thanks.