Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I keep getting this pop up

• Please log in to reply

ShyGuy

ShyGuy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Posted Image
I keep getting this every so often. I tried to insert the disk and it disappeared and nothing happened. So I removed the disk and about an hour later it came back again. Its been happening two days ago.

Anyway... I have the disk and I don't know what to do. So, can anyone help me out?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if it happens after this

Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD

Windows File Protection will show an on screen blue progress bar which will simply disappear when the scan is complete, reboot when it does

Occasionally the system file check does not start using run, so you can also right click the taskbar, click task manager, click file, new task, type sfc /scannow then click OK

If you do not have an XP CD you can borrow a same version as was originally installed XP CD, if you downloaded SP2 then you need an SP1 XP CD

ShyGuy

ShyGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok.. I'm doing it right now. I'll post again if it occurs.