Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Post codes, continious beeps

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
here is the issue, lately the computer has been on the fritz, freezing and being slow so i decided to get some arctic silver to make it a little faster, its only a few bucks so i figured it wouldnt hurt. anywho here is what went wrong, before applying the coolant it was actually running pretty smoothly, just turned it on to check it out. after i applied it i got post codes of long beeps with short pauses inbetween i.e. beeeeeeeeeep......... beeeeeeeeeeeep......beeeeeeep... etc. Im fairly savy with computers for an amateur so i thought this had to do with the ram, so i completely removed it.. the same thing, tried just one of each the ticks same thing, tried a different stick same thing. I'm entirely confused, what does this mean, i tried also 4 different psu's granted 1 i know is fried the others have been put under alot of stress over the years. Some help?

Thanks a ton

btw running 2700+ amd, 768 pc2100, 80gb hd western digital?, and a d33007 mobo? or well thats written somewhere on it im not really sure im not responsible for this computer, its my pops so he didnt keep all of the literature on it.

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
For starter it souns like you'r RAM but u said that u allready checked that.
Check out this link and c if you can define the problem via the beep code.