Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Win 2000 shutting down for no apparent reason

• Please log in to reply

N.J

N.J

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hello all,
My windows 2000 operating system is a new install about a month or so old, I have been to microsoft and got all the necessary updates for the system, it was all running reasonably good then I did some browsing for something and picked up some ugly's, I have got rid of them to the best of my knoledge useing Ad-Aware se, Spybot remover S/D, Vundofix, and Registry Mechanic, I am no longer getting any pop up windows, my problem now is, while im in yahoo games (Canasta) for no reason my browser shuts down, the message I get is, Explorer has generated errors and will be shut down, even if im only sitting in the room and not playing cards, I am wondering if there is any one here who may be able to help me with this matter, I thank you in advance for any help given, peace and Blessings to you all.

Norm . . .

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Please use the link in my signature and post this topic in the malware forum. Make sure to take all preliminary steps.

N.J

N.J

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I am sorry I thought I was in the right place seing as I got rid of the spyware I thought it was an operating system problem. Peace.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
No problem. What you did was very good but quite often it's not enough for malware removal and you need an expert guidance. Good luck.