Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runtime Error - Program:C:\Program Files\Internet\Explo

• Please log in to reply

Nicola

Nicola

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Ok, here goes:

Having done the msconfig thing, the only item left checked is my AVG Antivirus.

Start up is now loads quicker, my computer just spends ages now on the blue 'welcome screen' once we are past this its alot better. Thanks!!

Now for the other bits (no laughing allowed):

PageDefrag, loaded ok, set it up for next boot, but couldn't find reboot? Maybe just me being stupid!

Physical Memory: 196080

Available: 65536 (only this figure keeps changing all the time???? is that right?)

C drive: Used Space 16.3GB Free Space 56.2GB

Hope this all makes sense as I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Thanks

Nicola.

Edited by Nicola, 19 April 2007 - 07:15 AM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
The ram memory of your computer is very small and I suggest that you consider doubling it up to 512 MB. You can't expect much from trhe computer at the present state.

Re. PageDefrag: Install it, check "defrag on next bootup" > OK. Now restart the computer by clicking start > turn off computer > restart. During bootup a blue page with text will show up. Do not interfere. Let the boot process complete.

I don't think there is much more that we can. Increasing ram memory capacity will definitely improve performance.

If the errors retun please notify us in this thread and post a topic in the malware forum (link at my signature)

Nicola

Nicola

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Ok.

Thanks for all your help and advice, it's much appreciated.

If the error messages do continue, I will post in the Malware Forum.

Thanks Again

Nicola.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
My pleasure.