Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My PC doesnt love me anymore, Not Booting

• Please log in to reply

Philnger

Philnger

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello all first time poster here;
My custom 3 year old never had any problems until now, how lucky I've been! PC refuses to boot up. Lights and fans on CPU come on, webcam red powerlight on, but no monitor signal (like in standby mode) nor keyboard lights and no beeps. Hooked up monitor to laptop works as secondary. Removed and replaced after a minute CMOS battery. I am stumped, did try to read through as many postings as possible so I could save someone else the headache of responding to me. Thank you, Phil

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Philnger! Welcome to G2G!

Did you overclock your system? If you don't know what overclocking stands for, don't worry about it. :whistling: But if you did, you could of fried a number of things, from the video card to the processor, to the motherboard...

If you didn't overclock, then I would bet that your Power Supply (PSU) is bad. I suggest that you try a different one and see if it will boot up.

Fenor

Philnger

Philnger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you for your response Fenor;
No I have not overclocked this PC. I will try and find another 350watt power supply or 400 if available and I'll install tomorrow thanks for assistance. Before I change out I will take volt/amp readings and then after install do the same and compare.Thanks again, Phil.