Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! PC won't boot up, just beeps

• Please log in to reply

motohead

motohead

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone, I am in need of help. My PC ran fine and after a shutdown the night before, I try and boot up the next morning and all I get is a black screen and constant beeping coming from the PC. I tried it several times, unplugged the PC, cleaned out the dust and the still get the same result. Can someone tell me wht's wrong? Would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome motohead <_<

Is there a pattern to the beeps? (i.e. one long, two short). If so, let us know, as well as the make of the PC.

motohead

motohead

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for your welcome! <_< There is no pattern of beeps, just a consistent series of short beeps that doesn't stop. It is a AMD Celeron 777 MHz processor on an Asus A7V motherboard, running Windows 98. Hope this can help you help me... Thanks!!

Edited by motohead, 20 May 2004 - 02:17 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Possibly a bad video card. Try removing and reinstalling you video card. <_<

motohead

motohead

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Tried it last night and still the same, I am going to try to borrow a video card from a friend to test, and I will let you guys know how it goes, Thanks!