Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Computer Takes 7-8 Minutes to start up

• Please log in to reply

Charliee03

Charliee03

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
:whistling:

Ive scanned my computer with

Ad-Aware SE Pro.
Spyware Doctor
Registry Mechanic
Tune Up Utilites
Zone Alarms Virus & Spyware Scanner

and Removed any problems it found and it hasnt helped the problem at all

It shows the Welcome screen for about 40 seconds than shows my wallpaper fora bout a minute or two before anything else pops up

than it loads programs very very slow

I really dont understand this at all

Im guessing I should post a Hi-Jack log, but any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum

TotallyKonfuzed

TotallyKonfuzed

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
a hijackThis! log would definitely help and I could help you choose what all is get-rid-able but as a first action, I'd recommend you download a program called "Process Explorer" which is kinda like window's "task manager" but this will show the strain it puts on your system as well as the time it takes to load it when your computer starts up.

Obviously you'd use the program to disable whatever it shows that takes so long to load.

Charliee03

Charliee03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Ok, after scanning my computer with AVG Anti-Spyware

It found 42,000 tracking cookies

lol yeah alot, accidently in safe mode I deleted them instead of choosing Quarantine.

I restarted the computer and the problem still occurs

Im running Disk Defragmenter thinking maybe this is the problem, all the large free space gaps?

Screen Picture here: http://img442.images.../statsusci4.png

Hi-Jack logs/Scan results logs going to be posted in a few minutes.

Super Anti-Spyware is just about finished and has found nothing at the moment

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
DO NOT post a HijackThis! log or any other kind of log here. Please re-read what Keith suggested you do, because in it, he told you to go to the Malware Forum and post a topic there with a Hijackthis log.

Fenor

Charliee03

Charliee03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I understand that, before I post my Hi-Jack log in the section it belongs I want to know if that could be a reason of why this problem is happening.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Best to go through there first and get your computer checked the by experts there. It would be an awful waste of our time to have you try anything here and it doesn't solve your problem because it is indeed a Malware problem. If after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, you are still experiencing problems related to this issue, then return to this thread and you will be helped further.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 18 April 2007 - 12:50 PM.

Charliee03

Charliee03

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Ok, Thank you

TotallyKonfuzed

TotallyKonfuzed

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I was going to suggest (or do it myself) that Charliee03 pastes his hijack log LINK REMOVED which helps automatically explain which all is bad and can be removed. I still agree to ask the other guys but this site can help eliminate some of the obvious ones.

Edited by Fenor, 18 April 2007 - 03:13 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
We do not accept or use HJT Logs in the tech forums

Only qualified staff are permitted to comment on anything found within them

TotallyKonfuzed

TotallyKonfuzed

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
what the heck, I thought you want to help? That is the official online analysis site. Why would you not allow him to use it?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

what the heck, I thought you want to help? That is the official online analysis site. Why would you not allow him to use it?

Online analysis is never something to use as a "Know All Say All" solution to entries in a HJT log. That is why we do not support them here. Those sites don't always 'analyze' the items correctly and could cause more harm to a user's computer then help. As I've said before, the Malware experts on this site are the only 'analyzers' of HJT logs that we recommend and support.

Fenor