Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot remove spam Email

• Please log in to reply

miranda

miranda

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a few email messages (mainly SPAM selling software) that I cannot delete from my mailbox. If I press delete or try to drag them towards Trash they just refuse to budge. I don't know whether they are doing any harm, or whether they are just sitting there annoying me. I notice that two of them have dates which end in 70, so maybe they will just stay there for another 65 years. Can anyone tell me what is going on?
Miranda
PS My mailbox is with NTLWORLD accessed via Netscape Navigator

Advertisements

marinegeek59

marinegeek59

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
hi m hows it, sounds very weird, however if your isp cannt help u try going to www.mail2web.com you can access your email then deleat anything that u donnt want cheers :tazz:

miranda

miranda

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, and thanks for introducing me to this very useful URL which I didn't know about - but it doesn't work for this problem, as it only flags up messages which have not been opened. Once I have checked my mail for the day, it says 'You have no new messages'. So this message is in my Inbox, but does not appear on Web2mail. Weird, isn't it? In fact there are two of them, and one in my SPAM box, and I just can't get rid of them,
Miranda

marinegeek59

marinegeek59

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
hi m hhhmmmm ;) how about trying to forward the messages to another email, then dont open them just deleat them, also if you can add them to your black list and or report them to your email/or isp as spammmmmmm,uugghh i hate spammm also if you really never want spamm ever, go to www.choicemail.com its free, it works by asking all senders to fill out a short simple form before there email is sent to you, you can also block whole domains ive been using it for about 2 years and i have had 0 spam since hope this helps cheers happy weekend :tazz: keep fighting the good fight