Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP KEEPS SHUTTING OFF ON LOADING SCREEN!

• Please log in to reply

bigman1986

bigman1986

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I NEED HALP REALLY BAD, MORE THAN ANYBODY ON THIS SITE! I CAN'T EVEN LOGON TO XP PRO!! IT KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN AT THE LOADING SCREEN!!!!! PLEASE HELP! ANYWAY TO FIND OUT WHAT'S CAUSING THIS? PLEASE REPLY ASAP! THANKS!

Edited by bigman1986, 18 April 2007 - 11:20 PM.

Advertisements

MannyL

MannyL

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
If you hit F8 then choose safemode command prompt does it still reboot? If yes what file does it display just before the reboot

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Do as above and does it shutdown or restart there is a differance.

bigman1986

bigman1986

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I TRIED SAFE MODE AND ALL THE OTHER MODES NO LUCK!! AND YOU ASKED WHAT IT SHOWS RIGHT BEFORE IT RESTARTS ON SAFE MODE? IT SHOW ALL THE DRIVERS BIENG LOADED JUST LIKE ANY NORMAL COMPUTER WOULD SHOW? PLEASE HELP I REALLY NEED TO USE XP PRO!!!

bigman1986

bigman1986

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
TO TUXMASTER IT RESTARTS AND WHEN I CHOOSE XP PRO IT LOADS THEN RESTARTS! PLEASE HELP!

Edited by bigman1986, 18 April 2007 - 11:39 PM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
When you get the advanced options menu. (by pressing F8) when you first turn on your computer. Please go to Turn of automatic restart Or something to that sort. You are probably getting a blue screen error message.

bigman1986

bigman1986

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
BUT I DON'T SEE A "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH", WHICH IS REALLY A DRIVER CONFLICT ISSUE I BELIEVE? IT JUST LOADS AND SHUTSDOWN AND RESTARTS AGAIN!

MannyL

MannyL

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

I TRIED SAFE MODE AND ALL THE OTHER MODES NO LUCK!! AND YOU ASKED WHAT IT SHOWS RIGHT BEFORE IT RESTARTS ON SAFE MODE? IT SHOW ALL THE DRIVERS BIENG LOADED JUST LIKE ANY NORMAL COMPUTER WOULD SHOW? PLEASE HELP I REALLY NEED TO USE XP PRO!!!

1) What driver does it show as the last one loaded
2) Please don't use all capitols it makes it hard to read and gives the impression that you are shouting.

bigman1986

bigman1986

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
sorry if u tought i was shouting, Mannyl, but i'm not. Yes tuxmaster i did turn off the automatic restart on system failure and i did get a blue screen! The error code is c000021a. Hey Mannyl, the last driver loaded was crcdisk something? hope this helps! Once again sorry for the erlier uppercase replies! Thanks!!

MannyL

MannyL

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Is your boot drive IDE, SCSI or SATA?

Advertisements

bigman1986

bigman1986

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 80GB SATA Internal Hard Drive

Edited by bigman1986, 21 April 2007 - 09:49 AM.

MannyL

MannyL

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Do you have goback installed on the system?

bigman1986

bigman1986

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
no, but what is that? is it like system restore and norton ghost?

Edited by bigman1986, 22 April 2007 - 02:34 AM.

StealthSoul

StealthSoul

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I believe I have the same problem..

I shut down my PC yesterday and it was working fine at the time. When I booted it up in the morning, the desktop came up but it crashed, the mouse or keyboard wasn't working and it just stalled while loading.

I restarted my PC then, and it came up to the screen where I got the option to pick between the following:

Safe Mode / Safe Mode with Networking / Safe Mode with Command Prompt / Last Known Configuration / Start Windows Normally

I've tried them all, and what happens is, It goes onto the windows loading/splash screen:
Posted Image

The blue bar goes across 2 1/2 times and then it reboots the system, and the same thing keeps happening over and over again.

I can't get into safe mode or anything else.. I can get into ubuntu using my live cd if that's any help..

I'm running Windows XP Professional Corporate Edition Service Pack 2 and my hard drive is Maxtor STM3160212A 160GB DiamondMax20 ATA 2MB Cache - OEM (IDE).

I've tried a few things, I've tried taking out things like RAM, DVD Drive. I've also been in Recovery Mode and done the fixboot and fixMBR thing, and that doesn't work either. I have my XP CD, so I can try other things on there if anyone has suggestions.

I hope someone can help, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks

- Stealth

UPDATE: I have fixed my problem! I put in the windows xp cd to try a recovery thing, but then when I went to see my partitions it said that c: drive had nothing on it, it has been corrupted as far as i know.. well now I am reinstalling windows on it. You can try if you haven't already to see if your c: drive or whatever drive you installed windows on has any data left on it or not, if not then just reinstall windows. Working for me! ^^

Edited by StealthSoul, 22 April 2007 - 09:03 AM.

bigman1986

bigman1986

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
mine stiil has data on it becuase i have daul boot drive xp pro and vista ultimate. when in ultimate i cleaned all the viruses and trojans off of xp pro and took important files and apps off of the drive. so now it's a bit more comforting since i got the stuff i wanted, but i still don't want to reinstall windows again and all my other apps again!!! it takes me like two days to reinstall everything!!