Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Horse.Collected.11b

• Please log in to reply

yuriko18

yuriko18

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I opened a file that as sent to me yesterday in the form of a link to a picture. Not 5 mins after that, AVG Free Edition popped up with a file infected with a trojan horse. I've run AVG, McAffee, and Ad-Aware, and all 3 programs have found and quarantined the file, but I am unable to remove it. I've been getting random popups, from Anti-Virus programs and sites and have had stuff start to download to my computer. In addition it has been running really slowly. I would appreciate any and all help that you may be able to give me. Thanks.

Advertisements

DaveC2003

DaveC2003

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi yuriko18,

* Search for HijackThis.exe in google and download it.
* Save HijackThis.exe to your desktop.
* Create a new folder named HijackThis to your desktop. Move Hijackthis.exe into that folder.
* Then rename HijackThis.exe to Scanner.exe
* Run Scanner.exe
* Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file -button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
* Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
* Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
* Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
* DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi Yuriko18
Welcome To Geeks To Go You can find the Hijackthis log here at Geeks to go in the Malware forum under pinned Topic's Download it and run it then Save the HJT Log and Post it in the Malware Forum as you cannot Post this Topic anywhere Else The Malware Experts will give all the Help you Need Please follow the Link below Thank You

Link to Malware Forum
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink: