Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DXADE.EXE error message

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Gerard Holohan

Gerard Holohan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have a number of PCs that display the following message after startup:-

A message box with the heading dxape.exe - No disk

There is no disk in the drive \Device\Harddisk\DR1

Cancel Try Again Continue

If I insert a memory stick, this message goes away but it re-appears as soon as you remove the stick. My colleague has run HijackIt and has found noting out of the ordinary with the PC.

Any suggestions wold be appreciated.

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Hello and welcome

You sound like an IT department of a business and as such would fall outside of our terms of use.

This is an extract from our Terms Of Use

Geeks to Go Support Forum Rules, Policies and Disclaimers
• We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

Also you mention this:

My colleague has run HijackIt and has found noting out of the ordinary with the PC.

If the programme you refer to is HijackThis, then is your colleague trained to interpret the software?

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.