Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

?'s New Member

• Please log in to reply

Technopuzzled II

Technopuzzled II

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi. I'm new to this forum and relatively new to computing. I'm not sure if I'm posting to the right place but here goes. First off, I have Windows Xp Media Edition, HP Pavilion dual core computer. I'm trying to safely remove extraneous(it seems to me) junk from the computer. I don't know what HP customer enhancement-1.0.0.168 is. Can it be removed without messing up how things will work? Also, Zone Alarm keeps asking that myFTP.exe wants access to Internet and thatDIScover wants server rights. I have denied both up to this point. Please help a befuddled senior. Thank you.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Which Model Pavillion?

Technopuzzled II

Technopuzzled II

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Keith it's HP Pavillion a1642x

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Hopefully the link is for online chat with their technician, and they should give you the best answer about the pre-installed software

http://ipgweb.cce.hp...t...ng=en&cc=us

Do you / any PC user upload anything to web pages

Does anyone use this site

http://www.discoverconsole.com/

Technopuzzled II

Technopuzzled II

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Keith, to this date I have never uploaded to any website. I' lack the confidence to attempt that yet. Thank you for the links to hp and discover console.

Technopuzzled II

Technopuzzled II

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Keith, Thanks for the info. I got part of my problem solved. DISCover is gone from my computer. I really don't bother with online game playing. I've heard it has a high security risk. I think HP support will be able to help me with the rest of this mess.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
FTP.exe is part of Windows, though I have never seen it kick in

Hope it goes well

Please post back if you need any help with it

Guest_jwinathome_*

Guest_jwinathome_*
Good for you in being proactive with removing what you don't want. I hope everything works out great for you and you enjoy your purchase.