Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Novice need to know before & after installing SP1a

• Please log in to reply

Classy2

Classy2

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
When you install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows XP Service Pack 1a (SP1a), the Set Program Access and Defaults feature is added to the Add or Remove Programs tool in Windows XP. You can use this feature to change the default programs that you use for certain activities on your computer, such as surfing the Internet, sending e-mail messages, playing CD-ROMs, or talking with friends by using an instant messaging program. You can also specify the programs that are available on the Start menu, on the desktop, and in other locations.
The ubove pharagraph is talking about making changes such as heinternet, messaging n playing CDROMS.
"Making what to changinges where and exactly in what words and form"
I only know the english language. For me this another laguage Im not familar in understanding. I am willing to work and get it done with someone thats supportive and patiently knowledgable.
If you use Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition, and your computer does not belong to a network domain, you must be logged on as a computer administrator to change the default program settings.

About 8 months ago my friend gave me the link to SP1a. Without any previous updates or patches, with my router and modem on, You prob know that I could not connect, thus, I had no means to read setup or patches or needed to unhook my router and modem, in order to reset itself, (so I read recently)
I wonder what else there is to know before clicking on the SP1a link. :tazz: ;)
I have only logged in as administrator in safe mode. HELP!

Advertisements