Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Scroll

• Please log in to reply

parrothead16

parrothead16

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have a pc that started to scroll slowly. It occurs with most programs (IE, Word, Adobe, etc.) I had to reload XP on this machine and am wondering if that might have something to do with it? Any one have any ideas??

Advertisements

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi parrothead16
Sorry about the Delay I would like to know if you can tell us why you had to Reload Windows XP and if you can give some more Information about your Problem and as to what happened and what you have done to try to fix it Etc. To see if we can Help you get this Sorted out. Thank You

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink:

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Did you install your graphics drivers?

parrothead16

parrothead16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi Cheyenne 09
The reason I decided to reload is someone who has set up his home computer a couple times decided he'd help me out and set up this new XP machine. By the time I found out he had finished. I had no idea how he set it up but it barely functioned on our network. After spending nearly 4 days trying to get most of the applications to function properly (and not succeeding) I decided to throw in the towel and start fresh.

When I reloaded pretty much everything loaded and functioned properly (a few applications needed some very minor tweaks) with one noticeable exception. Any time you tried to scroll, with either the scroll wheel or the scroll bar, the scroll action on screen is very slow. As I said before, it occurs with most if not all applications and the Internet (I tried different browsers, too).

I almost appears like a memory issue, but this machine should have ample memory for scroll through a web page or down a Word document.

If you have any more questions I'll try my best to answer them.

Thank you for any suggestions you might have.

parrothead16

parrothead16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Whiskeyman

My first reply was "yes", but now that I think about it.........I'm just not sure. I'll have to check on that. I probably won't be able to get to that machine until tomorrow (its in a different building) but that does sound like a very possible solutions.

Thank you!

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
I would say that the chipset, graphics, sound and etc. drivers need to be installed. XP's generic drivers just don't get it.