Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Minute internet explorer problem.

• Please log in to reply

Madridbear

Madridbear

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
More of an anoyance than a problem.

To explain the problem in the simplest way......

Here on this page, on the blue IE bar at the top of the window it says the following.

"e" Geeks to go! -> Posting New Topic - Internet Explorer provided by blueyonder.

Now I live in Spain where there is no blueyonder, when I had the laptop home I installed my mothers broadband provider (blueyonder) and have had this since everytime I use IE.

How do I remove this?

Thanks.

Edit: I have completely uninstalled all blueyonder programs and deleted all visible entries in the registry.

Edited by Madridbear, 18 April 2007 - 01:44 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
try This from Doug Knox...

Madridbear

Madridbear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Excellent.

Problem solved.

I was hoping I'd get to mess about with the pc a little and learn something :blink: BUT the problem is solved.

You are a star.
Thank You very mucho! :whistling:

:help:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...if you want to see where the branding was happening (and subsequently what that doug knox fix...fixed) check this out this link (not the best..i'll see if i can find more info)...it's all in the registry

http://www.virtualpl...l/logo_thr.html

Madridbear

Madridbear

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks Sir, you are a star.
Thats more than enough info.

Just means (like most providers) blueyonder are for the watching :blink: . Reg entries without using their own name for the file. :whistling: