Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MAG monitor flickering

• Please log in to reply

rxdotcom

rxdotcom

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I have a MAG 17" monitor (3 yrs old) Model 700P

It just started flickering and the white parts on the screen (like on this page) are pulsating.

I tried to download drivers from MAG, but when I tried to update the drivers, Windows tells me that the Plug and Play drivers are the best fit.

Even in device manager, it lists my monitor as plug and play.
I tried changing the refresh rate for 60 to 75 and every setting in between.
I tried autofix, all to no avail...

Any ideas? I would hate to have to trash this monitor (it has been great, until now!)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's possible that the CRT is on it's way out...any number of the "fancy" doodads that control the image you see could be failing...generall a pulsing or flickering screen tends to be a failure within the monitor

there's always a possibility that you've got a pulsating magnet too close to the monitor...such as an electric motor...or speakers...but if this is a CONSTANT problem...then i would find this unlikely

rxdotcom

rxdotcom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I was afraid to hear that, will have to go back to an old CRT monitor (they seem to last forever), not worth spending another $300 for an LCD monitor that is only goinf to last 3 yrs.

Thanks for the help